Here are the answers to the quiz over the year 1966 that you have just taken (or, supposed to have taken - no fair checking out the answers first!) :). Have a look!
1. Some of the names considered for the Revolver album were Abracadabra, Magic Circles, and Beatles On Safari.
2. c. Paul McCartney - He played it very well, but I think George could have handled it, unlike what Paul thought.
3. A dentist both of them knew had slipped some LSD into John, Cynthia, George, and Patti's coffee. He tried to keep them from leaving his apartment when they felt funny, but they left anyway, and experienced the strangest things they ever had done before. Their experience was talked about on The Beatles Anthology.
4. a. "Tomorrow Never Knows" - This song has strange sound effects and noises spurting out during the song.
5. "Eleanor Rigby" - Although lots of people had a hand in writing this song, Paul and George Martin decided that a string quartet in the background would do nicely.
6. a. Klaus Voorman - He included a picture of himself on the cover as well - look right below John's chin on the front.
7. b. John met Yoko Ono for the first time - It was at the Indica Gallery in London - Yoko had a display of unfinished artwork up, and John checked it out. They met when Yoko came up to John and handed him a card that said 'Breathe'. The rest is history, as they say.
8. c. August 29, 1966 - The Beatles had a hunch when they were playing that this may be the last concert they would do. Paul had Tony Barrow, one of their PR men, to record the concert for him. When the concert ended and the Beatles were flying out of San Francisco, George remarked, "Well, that's it, I'm not a Beatle anymore."
9. "Yellow Submarine" failed to reach number one in America, but in Britain it did reach number one. It also reached nukbe rone in other countries, including Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
10. b. "Eleanor Rigby"
Good job - I know you did great! And if your score is really good, e-mail me and tell me how many you got right so I can post the results on the main trivia page!
Ready for the next quiz? Click here to get back to the main trivia page.
Come on, you can't get back to my homepage yet - finish ALL of the quizzes first! :)
It's awful to think that some people out there would steal someone's hard work and claim it as their own, isn't it? Please DO NOT take any of this work I have presented here. Check out the mini-bibliography on the main trivia page for books you can read yourself on the Beatles.